There are quite a few really enjoyable Kirkland wines available right now in Costco stores at very good prices. Keep in mind every store and area is different. You might not be able to find all of these, but what follows are some of our favorites from the past few months, ranked by our ratings from high to low.
1. Ah, the Kirkland Chateauneuf, always one of my favorite $20 Costco buys of the year, and the 2013 vintage of this one was spectacular. We went 93 points this year. This wine is a hot buy.
2. The Signature Series Mendoza Malbec. Awesome for $19. A Malbec lover’s dream. We gave it 92 well deserved points (There is a “non signature series” Kirkland Mendoza Malbec that is half the price and is good too in case you run into it)
3. 2012 Kirkland Signature Series Columbia Valley Red. A very smooth, polished performer for $19. We rated it 91 points
4. The 2012 Kirkland Signature Series Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. 2012 was a big year for Napa, following a much more difficult 2011. This is signature Napa for $20. Delivers just what you want. We rated it 90 points.
5. It was a nice surprise to come across the 2012 Kirkland Signature Series Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. This Pinot is really nice all around, good mouth feel, flavors, super food friendly. 89 points.
Be sure to let us know what you find at your Costco store and of course, how you liked them.
One other one that I’m on the hunt for is the Kirkland Signature Series Rioja that a few readers have mentioned to me. So keep an eye out for that wine too.
As always, thanks for supporting the site. Hope you have a great summer.