Very Good Red on Special

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Douro Red 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    MassWineGuy
    Participant

I hadn’t been to my local Costco in a few weeks until today. I saw and bought a bottle of Adela Vila Real 2013 Douro Reserva. I really like the wines from Portugal, especially the Douro valley. And for $6.89, I couldn’t resist.

All I can say is Buy It! Won’t rock your world, but this is an extremely solid, flavorful and well-balanced red. Decent depth, good mouth feel and tannins, nice black fruit. My receipt listed it at $9.99 with a $3.10 discount, so I think that means it’s on a temporary markdown. At $6.89, you need a great argument why not to buy it. Definitely case worthy.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    DavidMD
    Participant

I agree, this has been at the Costco Arlington VA and it is an absolute steal at the price, the best buy I’ve ever had in a wine. I like it a lot.

It’s also a Wine Enthusiast Top 100 Best Buy of 2017 (#59) at $12. I bought a case after trying a couple.

It was such a good buy that I signed up for the forum to post about it, but someone beat me to it (I had technical problems posting until now).

The name is Adega, not Adela.

MassWineGuy
    Participant

Adega, yes! Obviously, I was researching this wine too empirically. David, how much was this at your Costco?

DavidMD
    Participant

Same price as you, $6.89.

Douro Red
    Participant

I bought a half dozen bottles of Vila Real in December and January and gave them as gifts and they were very well received. I saved one bottle for me. I paid about $7 for each bottle except the last two, when the discount went away. The Tampa-area Costco locations are out of this wine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.