CostcoWineBlog.com – Finding Costco’s best wines Forums Latest Finds Kirkland Friuli Grave Pinot Grigio 2017

Kirkland Friuli Grave Pinot Grigio 2017

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MassWineGuy 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

WineOrWhine
    Participant

Has anybody tried this Pinot Grigio? I picked up 2 bottles recently (about $6.99 I think). Any reviews?

Editor
    Keymaster

I have not seen it near me yet, but will post something when I do. Let us know what you think if you open one of them.

MassWineGuy
    Participant

I tried it last night and Yuck! I don’t drink a lot of Pinot Grigio and prefer a regular Pinot Gris form of the grape. But there are some Grigios I enjoy as long as they have some acidity and grip, and aren’t overly sweet.

The first words I can think of about this one are bubble gum. A quick, one dimensional pink flavor bomb (more of a bombardment), then pretty much zip for flavor, mouth feel or finish. As for subsequent descriptors, trust me, you don’t want to know.

This definitely isn’t one of the Kirkland hits.

MassWineGuy
    Participant

Well, tastebuds do the darndest things! Just took another small sip of the bottle I put in the fridge last night. The wine tasted much drier and had a mild acid crispness. Still not the best Kirkland perhaps, but ok. Not fair, pretty good, good or excellent. Just ok.

Tonight I’ll try the $6 ($7?) Prosecco that Elin McCoy disliked so much in her Bloomberg review of Kirkland wines.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.