CostcoWineBlog.com – Finding Costco’s best wines Forums General Discussion Interesting question from reader about Kirkland labels

Interesting question from reader about Kirkland labels

• Author

Editor
    Keymaster

Here’s a fun email I received from a reader that I wanted to share here for others to comment on.
    I’m not sure I have any insight on this one right now, but it’s something to keep an eye out for moving forward.
    Here’s the original inquiry.
    If anyone has additional thoughts please share in the comments here:

There seems to be a mystery that even Costco doesn’t know about and I’m wondering if you can shed some light: most of the Kirkland Signature wines are labeled with the standard logo showing white and red text against a black background, Some, however, have the logo with black text against a silver metallic background, while still others have the logo with clear text against a gold metallic background. A Rep in Costco years ago pointed this out to me and suggested that this “secretly” coded for better quality. I cannot find anything about this on the entire internet. I even sent the question to Costco Corporate and they didn’t even know what I was talking about. If you search images of “kirkland signature label”, you’ll see some of them. Do you know the answer? If so, are you at liberty to divulge the info?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.