CostcoWineBlog.com – Finding Costco’s best wines Forums Latest Finds Fabulous Case-Worthy Cotes du Rhone

Fabulous Case-Worthy Cotes du Rhone

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar WineOrWhine 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    MassWineGuy
    Participant

For $6.89 I couldn’t resist trying the 2017 Kirkland Cotes du Rhone Villages. You see lots of Cotes du Rhone, but you see much less wine from the Cotes du Rhone Villages AOC. In theory, it’s made from better grapes from a smaller area. In this case, that potential is achieved big time.

The Syrah, Grenache and Mouvedre blend privide deep, generous and earthy red fruit. Terrific, saturating mouth feel. Moderate tannins and great acidity keep things going for a pretty long, smooth finish. This is something I’d gladly pay $15 for.

Definitely worth buying a case or two to have as house wine. This is one of the greatest bargains I’ve encountered.

MassWineGuy
    Participant

I think I figured how to post a photo:

(Apparently not.)

Editor
    Keymaster

Thats always a good pick. Hope to find near me and get a review up. Glad to hear the current vintage is a winner.
    (For photo uploads you just need it in a smaller file size. I had to put a limit to the size of the photos because I was hosting too many huge files)

Rob from WA
    Participant

I tried this wine based on the reviews in this blog. This is a good wine and an excellent value. I will buy it again.

Editor
    Keymaster

I finally found the ’17 Kirkland Cotes due Rhone Villages and will be posting the review tomorrow. It is excellent as everyone here has said, certainly one to stock up on since it’s only $7.

Editor
    Keymaster

Review is live.
    ‪https://costcowineblog.com/2017-kirkland-signature-cotes-du-rhone-villages/‬

WineOrWhine
    Participant

I found this one in Indy, and picked up 6 bottles based on the reviews.

Joe_O
    Participant

Loved it! Definitely case worthy at this price.

aspiringwino
    Participant

It is back and 6.99 a bottle here in Minnesota. Got 6 cases yesterday. Won’t last long.

Cheaper than Fiji bottled water!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    WineOrWhine
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll be on the lookout for it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.