Skip to Content

Disappointing Kirkland Cotes du Rhone Villages

Home Forums On The Blog Disappointing Kirkland Cotes du Rhone Villages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mikeyman
    Participant

For the past several years, the Kirkland Cotes Du Rhone Villages has been my go to everyday red; last year I bought seven cases to drink and to share with friends after only buying five cases the year before.  So I was excited to see the latest iteration arrive, and eagerly bought some to try.  What a shock — after years of excellence, what I found was overly fruity unrecognizable plonk, more like a beaujolais nouveau than a Cotes du Rhone Villages.  Thinking maybe bottle variation was the explanation, I tried another, and got the same result.  The wine manager to whom I spoke mentioned that I was not the first to complain, and that he agreed.  So a warning to others — don’t buy the newest in bulk until you’ve tried it; it is nothing like what Costco has provided the past few years.

Editor
    Keymaster

Wow.  That’s surprising and thank you for sharing with everyone.
    I have tried to find it at two different stores two different times and have yet to see it around here.
    hope to try soon.

Mikeyman
    Participant

The two Miami area stores at which I shop have had the Coted du Rhone Villages for the past two weeks.  Oddly, only one of the two had the excellent Kirkland Brunello.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.