CostcoWineBlog.com – Finding Costco’s best wines Forums Latest Finds 2010 Hidalgo Rioja Tradicion H Gran Reserva

2010 Hidalgo Rioja Tradicion H Gran Reserva

• Author

RickD
    Participant

I just saw this in my local Costco on the Phoenix area. Picked up a case without tasting it first. A year ago we bought 6 bottles of the 2012 Tradicion H (not Gran Reserva) and I was so sorry I didn’t buy it by the case. It was excellent. Hard to beat for the price. I couldn’t resist this at $14.99. Going to taste tonight if it is as good as I think it will be there is at least another case in my near future. Wine Enthusiast has it rated at 94 points. They had the 2012 at 93.

CaborNot
    Participant

I bought three bottles last week and just opened one up. It was very good. Like you, I remembered last year’s offering and I think this year’s is even better. I also will be going back for more. It is $14.99 in Colorado Springs as well. On the same trip I picked up a couple of bottles of the Kirkland Barolo and the Chateau St Michelle Ethos Cab which I commented on separately-it was a good wine shopping day at Costco.

Editor
    Keymaster

That’s amazing you found a 2010. We reviewed the 2012, and like you, loved it. https://costcowineblog.com/2012-hidalgo-tradicion-h-rioja/
    I’ll be on the lookout

RickD
    Participant

We tried our first bottle last evening. Very good. My wife went to buy another case this morning. This is a Gran Reserva, aged over 36 months in oak, then 36 months in the bottle. It definitely smooths out with about 30 min. decant.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.