CostcoWineBlog.com – Finding Costco’s best wines Forums On The Blog ‪2017 Prieure Saint Come Chablis‬

‪2017 Prieure Saint Come Chablis‬

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Douro Red 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

Editor
    Keymaster

‪Crisp, clean and refreshing French Chardonnay for $16; we love finding Chablis value buys at Costco – 2017 Prieure Saint Come Chablis‬ (Our review)

Douro Red
    Participant

Unoaked Chablis is my go-to white wine. Great with food or by itself on a summer day. I’m used to paying well over $20 a bottle, so when I saw the heretofore unknown Prieuré Saint-Côme at my local Costco for $16.69 I bought a bottle to try. The next day I went back and bought 15 more bottles. I recommended it to two wine-loving friends and, after tasting it, between them they bought 18 bottles.

This wine has the classic Chablis profile with lip-smacking acidity. This wine should be good for at least four more years. From what I can find, it is made by Jean-Marc Brocard, a well-known Chablis producer, but there is nothing about it on their website. Perhaps from purchased grapes or younger vines? Great value and highly recommended. 90 points.

Editor
    Keymaster

Couldn’t agree with you more, thanks for sharing your comments.

Douro Red
    Participant

I see my local Costco has now (November) sold out of this wine. I still have 18 bottles and it will be my house white in 2019. The friends for whom I bought 18 bottles have already drunk theirs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.